Thursday 12 December 2013

Christmasish time, no mistletoe, a little bit of wine.

A collection of mini updates:

Christmassyness: (In the last two weeks it has become Christmassy here which is nice)
- First we decorated our house with a combination of things we found in the cupboard and some nice seeds we painted to be Christmassy. 
-On Tuesday Charlie and I took the play-school children out for ice cream (They loved it although it took some getting used for quite a few of the kids, also it turns out wearing a seatbelt is very exciting thing, I realised this when there was a bus full of kids shouting "me belt, me belt" as I clipped them all in)


- On Thursday it was christmaspartytime at the play-school this involved music, hilarious dancing, snacks, presents, games and laughing. A great way to finish the term!
-One more Christmas related item! If you are reading this thinking, I should be Christmas shopping, I have a solution, how about choosing something from the project that is sponsoring our kids, here is their giftlist (www.threeeighteen.org)

Falling off bikes:
- this seems to be a new skill I'm developing!
- today was my 6th fall and the most impressive of them all. I was cycling back from a conference with some friends we had been through a few puddles and then I saw a nice big one and it didn't look too deep so I decided I could go through the middle, my friends needless to say didn't follow me. I ended up sitting waist deep in a very muddy puddle laughing a lot!  

School progress: (it's been full speed ahead, January here we come) 
- many pots of paint + many hours of painting = one finished school building woo woo! 
- lots of lifting + shifting = furniture being in place 
- measuring + stapling + hammering+ drilling + blue tac sticking =  it looking  like a classroom 
- moving resources + organizing things= its almost ready for the teaching to start



Wildlife: (I have included this mainly as evidence that there are no elephants in the garden/ a common misconception): 
Snakes : yes we have seen quite a few recently, although mostly harmless ones (1 in a tree, 1 in the grass near our house and at least 2 by the school!) , 
Beetles:  yes too many to count really lots with cool colours and even a Titan beetle (worlds longest variety of beetle.) 
Ants: yes of all different shapes and sizes always busy. I did get bitten by a very large one this week felt more like a bee sting! 
Elephants: nope none not one, ok, unless you are counting pictures or sculptures of them!? 

Rain : (I love it, this statement about rain may confuse some of you so let me explain) 
1 - it reminds me of being a kid ( I have enjoyed the adventure of running through the storms watching for lightning and getting completely soaking wet in minutes) 
2 -it makes driving more exciting (The huge puddles provide much entertainment while driving) 
3 - it's proper rain ( Firstly the drops are huge and they come down quickly, secondly it's still warm) 



     

2 comments:

  1. Haha, your muddy puddle reminds me of our expedition, which is similar only a) the puddle was just a big bank of mud by the stream, b) there was no bicycle involved, only unsuccessful balancing on one foot while trying to put back on one's shoe, and c) it happened to me, not you, lol. Two peas in a pod, haha! Sounds like things are moving ahead nicely anyhow, and that you're having fun. How was Christmas? =) xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I remember that muddy puddle incident it was very funny! I think we were aiming for an adventurous afternoon and we got it!

    ReplyDelete