Monday 11 November 2013

Simplicity is the way forward!



In the last few weeks I have been reminded of how full of grace God is! I have been enjoying just spending time in His presence it is such a simple joy that we can so easily skip over. Also in the process of writing the curriculum we have been deciding how to teach the kids in a way that equips them to develop a real relationship with God. Through this I haven been reminded of Gods goodness and His plans for us to live as His children. A current favorite song that the kids sing at playschool is about God being wonderful and him sugaring our tea and buttering our bread, it's a good song with actions and even sweeter in a Zambian accent! 

Since being here I have been asking what is my main purpose, where should my focus be, why have I been called to be here. In day-to-day life its easy to think what impact am I having? how am I serving the people around me? and then come to the conclusion that there is so much more I could be doing. I feel like God has been reminding me that He first calls us to love people. So this has been my focus rather than asking myself what am I doing! I'm asking how am I loving the people around me? For example Last Monday 2 new orphans joined us in the playschool (Alice and Mabel) so I am doing what he has called me to do by loving these kids and helping them realise their value.

All the girls together at school from left to right Esnat, Mabel, Alice, Purity and Gift!
Here is a dangerous book that my brother and sister-in-law gave me for my birthday, it's the story of a 21 year old girl who moves to Uganda on her own and ends up adopting 14 children  


Trist and Naomi did say perhaps I shouldn't get too many ideas from the book. So far I haven't adopted any children although when they run towards you with huge smiles on their faces it's hard to imagine that you wouldn't want to! 

My days out here can be very varied although I am mostly teaching in the playschool, we have just started some teacher training sessions with the teachers from the playschool and two from Kamfinsa school. Which was a scary prospect be when you sit down t plan them it turns out you do know more than you thought and you might actually be able to teach some one something. Here are some other things I have been up to:

Painting ceilings in the classroom, the school building is nearly finished now!

Swimming at the top of waterfalls, my mum was not so pleased about this one!

Relaxing with Charlie and Liz, we are living together which is fun!


Zip wiring across the gorge, not nearly as scary as I thought! 

Eating nshima with the students, it's just Sadza with a different name. 

Other things I have been enjoying:

Lemon creams, they are yummy as you can tell by my face! 

Toasted marshmallows, we eat these pretty often! 

After church greeting everyone and shaking hands, I love community living!

The smell of the rains, brings back memories and just smells so good!


New Bemba words 'balenga' reading  and trying to learn days of the week but they are tricky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment