Sunday 1 September 2013

So much learning going on!



(and that's only me! As school only starts on 16th September)

Bemba 
I'm making progress we have started a board of new words In our living room and i'm carrying a notebook around with me to write down new phrases. It is very funny to see the expressions on people faces when suddenly this white woman is speaking Bemba. My most common phrase is either muli shani? (How are you? ) or panono ici Bemba (A little Bemba) I am loving learning a new language which was never something I expected to do growing up! 

Names
I have had so many names to learn since arriving, people, places and pets. I am still having to be reminded who people are quite often.

God prepares us
Since arriving I have been realizing that many of the things I have been experiencing here which in the past I would have struggled to do or found very scary God was preparing me for even before I knew I was coming here. He provided the space to practice things like singing, praying for people, speaking to groups of people and worshipping without having a worship group or songs that you know. Most of this through the TSM (Training for Supernatural Ministry) course I did 2years ago (if you haven't heard about it or done I whole heartedly recommended it. He also provided the people I need around me for this adventure to be possible both supporting me from the UK and those who are with me here.

Snakes
We visited a game park for a day where we went into a snake house where we held a few snakes and learnt a lot about which ones are venomous and which ones are harmless. This could prove to be useful information as snakes are reasonably common in the area where we are living. So far I haven't bumped into one in the wild thankfully! 

A great church is hard to find
After going to my 5th church here I am learning that finding a great church is pretty tricky so far my experiences varied greatly in many ways, length of service from just over 1 hour to nearly 4hours, style of worship from very loud and exuberant to quiet and quite dull, language from completely Bemba (translated mostly for our benefit) to completely English. So just praying we find the right one (or 2 as may be the case)?! I miss being at the Kings Arms in Bedford! 

No comments:

Post a Comment