Sunday 11 May 2014

About time for an update a trip to the UK, term 2 begins and other things.

So it's been a really long time since I last wrote. So sorry to keep you all in suspense. 
What's been happening since I last wrote, well I mentioned we were going to have our official opening day. That did happened last term and went well the kids did so well and all the visitors were very excited and impressed by the classrooms and how well the kids were doing.

I also mentioned I was able to return to the UK for a friends wedding which I have done. It was quite a surreal and shocking  experience to see people in 'real life'. I found myself thinking this can't be real quite often, but people assured me I really was in England and I had been living in Zambia for 9months. It was incredible to be able to be there to celebrate my friends wedding! I loved catching up with friends and family. I also managed to celebrate my nieces first birthday while I was there which was such a privilege, I am very much enjoying being an aunt. 

I have only been back in Zambia for 2 weeks so far but am loving being back. Good to be reunited with my friends here and to see the kids again. Term 2 of school got off to a good start last week. The kids all came back and were excited to find out that because our new topic is Our World we are going on a trip to the airport this week! 

I've also been out to visit the guardians again. Unfortunately Charity who I mentioned last time, is still very sick she was in hospital for a month when we took her before but didn't really recover. When I went to visit her last week she was hardly speaking, her whole foot  and fingers were covered in sores. We decided the journey to hospital at this point would be very difficult for her and she said she didn't want to go back. Luckily there is a clinic in the village where she lives and the doctor has prescribed some medication which he expects should work within 2 weeks so hopefully that works and she will be well next time I see her. 

Here is some shocking news for you all! It is getting cold here. Yes that's right I have been wearing jeans and a hoody in the mornings and evenings. It really does get cold in Africa if you don't believe me you will just have to come and visit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment